PHL Parking FAQs
- How far is Colonial Airport Parking (CAP) from PHL?
- Colonial Airport Parking is just two (2) miles from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL).
- How far in advance of my flight should I arrive at Colonial Airport Parking?
- We suggest arriving at Colonial Airport Parking 10-15 minutes prior to the time that you want to arrive at the airport. The airlines recommend arriving at the airport 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure time for domestic flights and 3 hours prior to your scheduled departure time for international flights. Colonial Airport Parking’s shuttles run continuously. We can typically get you from our facility to the airport in 7 minutes.
- Do I need a reservation to park at Colonial Airport Parking?
- Reservations are recommended to ensure that there is adequate availability at our facility. We recommend booking your reservation at least 3 days prior to your trip to ensure your reservation is processed properly. For valet customers, reservations also speed up check-ins. Reservations can be made by clicking here or via the Colonial Airport Parking mobile app.
- What type of shuttles does Colonial Airport Parking offer their guests?
- At Colonial Airport Parking, we provide state-of-the-art walk-on shuttles that provide a comfortable ride for our guests as well as ample accommodations for guests’ luggage.
- How often do Colonial Airport Parking’s shuttles run to/from the airport?
- Colonial Airport Parking shuttles run continuously. As soon as you enter our facility and check in with our valet staff or self-park your vehicle, our staff will meet you at your vehicle and assist with loading your luggage onto the shuttle. Once loaded, the shuttle driver will promptly transport you to the airport. Upon arrival back at PHL, you will retrieve your luggage and call either our local number at 610-521-6900 or 877-723-6900 or you can request a shuttle via the Colonial Airport Parking mobile app. Our dispatcher will promptly send a shuttle to pick you up.
- What should I do when I return to PHL in order to get back to my vehicle at Colonial Airport Parking’s facility?
- Proceed to the baggage claim area and retrieve your luggage. Once you have your luggage, call either our local number at 610-521-6900 or 877-723-6900 and press “0” or you can request a shuttle via the Colonial Airport Parking mobile app. Your call will connect you with a Colonial Airport Parking dispatcher who will welcome you home, ask which terminal you’re located (Terminal A through F), how many people in your party, if you are a self-park or valet customer, and if you have your luggage. The dispatcher will then direct you out to Zone 3 (the designated area for Airport Parking pick-up) and a Colonial Airport Parking shuttle will arrive promptly to pick you up and return you to our facility. Please be sure you have your luggage and are ready to depart the airport prior to calling. PHL safety regulations prohibit our shuttles from waiting at the curb. Valet customers should give the dispatcher your valet ticket number to ensure your vehicle will be awaiting you upon your return.
- How long will I have to wait for a Colonial Airport Parking shuttle to pick me up at the airport?
- Colonial Airport Parking’s pick-up time is typically 5 -10 minutes after receiving your telephone call depending on activity at the airport.
- When is Colonial Airport Parking open?
- Colonial Airport Parking is open 24/7, 365 days a year. Our courteous staff is available to assist you with your travel parking needs at any time.
- How would you describe Colonial Airport Parking’s facility?
- Colonial Airport Parking’s parking facility has stadium style lighting throughout and perimeter fencing. The facility is maintained to provide a clean, comfortable facility to park your vehicle while you travel. Located on Route 291- just off I-95 at Exit 9A in Lester, Tinicum Township, Pennsylvania- we are just 2 miles from PHL. Our staff is on-site 24 hours a day to monitor all activity at our facility.
- What if my departing flight at PHL is cancelled?
- Colonial Airport Parking does not charge for cancelled flights. When you return from PHL after a flight cancellation, just let our cashier know your flight was cancelled, show us your airline ticket, and you will exit for no charge. View the Colonial Airport Parking Guarantee.
- What if I leave my keys in my vehicle, my window down, or do not prepare my vehicle properly for my trip?
- Colonial Airport Parking’s staff monitors the activity at our facility continuously. When we find a vehicle that has not been properly prepared for a stay at our facility, we will take care of it. These courtesies include opening vehicles to turn off engines and retrieve keys, placing plastic over windows left open, etc. These services are available at no additional cost.
- What if I discover when I return to my vehicle I have a dead battery or a flat tire?
- Colonial Airport Parking’s staff will promptly respond to any vehicle assistance needs you have. We are prepared to unlock your vehicle, jump-start your battery, fill your tire with air, place a spare tire on or call a local mechanic! Whatever is needed to assist you with getting on your way. These services are available at no additional cost.
- What if I am departing or returning home during a snowstorm?
- No need to worry. Colonial Airport Parking will respond immediately to the first signs of snow fall and snow removal crews will plow the driveways, open up parking areas, and spread deicing chemicals in order to keep the facility operating safely.
- What if I leave something on your shuttle?
- Colonial Airport Parking’s shuttle drivers tour their shuttle after every trip looking for any items inadvertently left behind by guests. When items are found, those items are delivered to the manager on duty. The manager will log and securely store the item(s) until we can either contact you or you contact us. If you believe you have left something at our facility, do not hesitate to call. We will be happy to make arrangements to return your item(s) to you at your convenience.
- What are Colonial Airport Parking’s parking fees?
- The standard rate for self-parking is $7.44 per day (based on a 24 hour day) plus applicable tax & surcharge ($1.56 per day) for an all-inclusive rate of $9.00 per day. The standard rate for valet parking is $8.68 per day (based on a 24 hours day) plus applicable tax & surcharge ($1.82 per day) for an all inclusive rate of $10.50 per day. A PHL Access Fee of $1.90 will be added to all transactions. Discounts are also available with a discount coupon (click here). Corporate discounts are available as part of our Colonial Airport Advantage Program based on volume usage.
Please call 610-521-6900 ext, 102 or email us at CorporatePartnership@ColonialAirPark.com for more information.
- Does Colonial Airport Parking have discounts available?
- As mentioned, we have our discount coupon available right here! We also offer a Colonial Airport Advantage Program to our loyal customers and corporate discounts through our Corporate Partnership Program. For more information on Corporate discounts, call us at 610-521-6900 ext. 102 or email us at CorporatePartnership@ColonialAirPark.com. Through our exclusive Colonial Airport Advantage Program, making your reservation is quick and easy. Plus, you qualify for discount parking all the time. There’s no need to provide us with a coupon at check-out. Just present your Colonial Airport Advantage Program card or use the digital card available through the mobile app and you are eligible for our online advertised discount price. Join Colonial Airport Advantage Program now!
THAT’S NOT ALL… When you enroll in the Colonial Airport Advantage Program, you can earn FREE parking on us. Be sure to present your card at check-out so you can begin earning your FREE stay on us. Enroll now so you can start earning reward points that can be redeemed for parking or car washes, and be eligible for our online advertised discount rate all the time! Sign up here.
To enroll in our Corporate Partnership Program, please email us at CorporatePartnership@ColonialAirPark.com or call us at 610-521-6900 ext. 102.
- What does valet parking mean?
- If you choose to valet park, our staff will park your vehicle for you from our valet staging area. A shuttle driver will still transport you to PHL.
- What if I cannot log into my account?
- If you are having difficulty logging into your account, Colonial Airport Parking’s staff will be happy to assist you. Your email address will be used to “Login”. The password will either be included in your initial Welcome Letter or is what you chose when you created your account. If you forgot your password, go to our Reservation Page, enter your email address and simply click on “Forgot Password.” Your password will be emailed to you. If you are still having difficulty, please email us at CustomerService@ColonialAirPark.com or call us at 610-521-6900 ext. 103.
- What are the advantages to valet parking?
- No searching for an open space
- Can order added services (oil changes, car washes, car details, etc.)
- Stay dry under the canopy during bad weather
- Faster pick-up to the airport
- First to be dropped off when returning to the lot
- Car warmed up when returning to the lot
- No ice or snow covering the windows
- How does my company qualify for additional discounts for parking?
- Using our Colonial Airport Advantage Card means you and your travelers will qualify for pricing at 10% off plus receive reward points toward free travel. If you have a large group of regular travelers, please contact our Corporate Sales Administrator at 610-521-6900 ext. 102 or by e-mail at CorporatePartnership@ColonialAirPark.com.
- Why should I download the mobile app?
- Available for iOS or Android, the Colonial Airport Parking mobile app puts all your PHL parking needs in the palm of your hand.
- Make reservations
- Request a pick-up
- View parking history and receipts
- Scan your card right from the app—no need to carry the plastic card
- Automatically receive 10% Colonial Airport Advantage Member discount
- Earn points every time you park that can be redeemed for free parking or car washes
Download the app today from your app store or Google Play. The app is free to download.
- How are claims or customer service issues handled?
- Promptly and fairly. You may e-mail us at CustomerService@ColonialAirPark.com or call us at 610-521-6900 ext. 103.
What if I have a question not answered in this FAQ List?
E-mail us at CustomerService@ColonialAirPark.com or call us at 610-521-6900 and speak with a member of our staff for assistance with any questions, comments or concerns. We are happy to serve and meet your travel parking needs.